- As we prepare for outreach for 3 months, I please ask for much needed PRAYER!
- All the preparation, practice, the fund raising we can do so we can all go.
- For God to lead the team, and our hearts to be transformed continually in giving/serving others.
- For the Visa I need to stay in the philippines another 2 months is 200.00
- For the funds to come in that are due October 10th for me to go, 400.00
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Friday, August 26, 2011
Hello! From “YWAM” Baguio City, Philippines.
This is Jordan Scarbrough, and I’m currently in Discipleship Training School in The Philippines. Being discipled and receiving Missionary Training through the Discipleship Training School (DTS) in the University Of Nations Credited College. The DTS was designed to help young people catch hold of God’s vision for their lives, to encourage them that they can do great things with God right now. It is part of “Youth With A Mission “(YWAM) in Baguio City, Philippines Vision. The DTS is dedicated to reaching my generation and equipping us to fulfill God’s destiny about our lives. I think it’s an amazing way to hands on learn how to share the gospel, learn deeply about who God who is, and to see my life changed.
Every year, YWAM International sends out thousands of people (pre-teen to retired) all over the world on short-term mission trips. YWAM begun with the vision of waves of young people crashing onto the shores of other nations, ministering to the broken-hearted and witnessing to people about Jesus. YWAM seeks to disciple young people, so they can bring the kingdom of God to the rest of the world. We are getting to do things together with children in orphanages, pray with people on the streets, teach morals to youth, and in local high schools, Lead worship, and even give out shoes to needy kids! (TOMS) And also, currently learning dances, dramas, and how to freely evangelize. This is a cultural experience in understanding God’s heart for another city/country, while also training me to be more influential with my peers when I come home. Our training has begun in Baguio City, Northern Philippines.
After 12 weeks of training, we’ll leave for an outreach mission for 9 weeks. Last week I owed 25,000 Pesos still for schooling tuition fees ($600.00) American. And with 50 dollars in my bank account… We agreed for a week of fasting and interceding in deep prayer to see what to do next. A week later, Monday morning the 22nd I received the shocking news that someone in the Philippine’s anonymously paid my tuition IN FULL. Such a HUGE Blessing. An answered prayer! And a major Faith-Building experience. But with that, I have also learned that in the book of James, “Faith without Works is Dead.” So I am working hard to raise the 25,000-40,000 Pilipino Pesos, ($800.00 - $1,000) American, for the cost of my outreach fees coming up soon.
- I will be recording an Acoustic Demo CD with my I/phone-Mac set up, and will try and raise any funds and donations towards outreach. Because I know that I cant do this by myself, I am asking you to be apart of my support team. Would you pray about giving financially towards my mission? I am also looking for any prayer warriors out there during these next few months being here. Please let me know if you can give or pray!
I am happy to update you on the amazing things God is doing through the ministry here. And I’d love to hear from you, you can E-mail me:
- Thank you for your prayers and support. -
Blessings from The Philippines!
Jordan Baxter Scarbrough
Monday, August 15, 2011
Blessings From Baguio City, Philippines!
- First Week, we arrived here we settled in and got used to the daily schedule and routine of how the base is run.
- Second Week, Lecture started with "Bible Interpretation" - Which was very intense and great knowledge to use in teaching/preaching verse by verse interpretation on the Bible.
- Third Week, Lecture was on "Godly Relationships" - which was focused on Marriage, pretty deep study on healthy Relationships/Marriage, Thank you Lord!! :) haha
- Fourth Week, Lecture is now on "Biblical World View" - Which is mainly on being Mindful of our thoughts, Conformed & Transformed to God's Thinking & Likeness. Deep!
Friday, August 12, 2011
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Yes, it's truly amazing seeing the Spirit work. 2 weeks ago I arrived to Baguio City, A Discipleship Training School In YWAM "Youth With A Mission" on the north island of the Philippines. Something that was so Spirit led I can't even describe how God worked out all the details. Not my plan at all, but heard the Lord so strongly telling me to GO to learn/grow.. So in obedience I have been here for 2 weeks now. Last week was our first full weak of lectures on "Bible Hermeneutics" - on Narratives=Book of Judges, Hebrew Poetry=psalms, and Paul's epistles=Philippians and tons of extra assignments, very challenging.. But am so humbled God put me in this place.. I have never grown so much in my Faith, knowledge, and understanding God's Calling for me to be in the Ministry. Leading worship, Leading Bible Studies, Preaching, ext... "God is Truly Stretching me" :)
Monday, July 4, 2011
The Past 3 weeks have been a blessing! and God has opened so many doors for ministry and to grow in his word. From blessing a village with clean water for drinking, to recording/mastering a CD for our Friend Emmon's YWAM DTS Missions fund, God is using me in ways I didn't expect were possible. That is what has been overtaking my heart to learn in the ministry, and an encouragement to give God the Glory.
Now settled in Surigao "our home" for the next 5 1/2 months we get to branch out in this community and Link with the Oconnors ongoing ministries. This full week we are training in a TCE "Teaching Children Effectively" course from 8am to 5pm Mon-Fri to better our understanding and knowledge on how to lead children to Christ. An awesome and challenging course that's pushing our faith.
Last night we had a TLW "True Love Waits" training workshop to understand and be equipped with the knowledge/material for teaching on impurity,broken hearts, premarital sex, and dysfunctional family's.. And how God can Save us from this and direct our lives in a pure way,
- Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are those who are pure in heart, for they will see God" -
It has amazed me to now be across the world and strongly feel the spirit moving, the hospitality has blown me away.. Family's that have nothing prepare what they have for "us" their guests. Worship that lasts hours, people that have nothing have faith God will provide everything they need. Its definitely working on my heart, teaching me hospitality and Spirit-filled Faith.
Thank you! all my Family and Friends for the Prayer and support! It's impacting my heart and helping my spiritual growth exponentially! I Love you all and will keep you updated on upcoming events as much as possible. Blessings!!
Jordan Baxter Scarbrough
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Hello Friends! Blessings from Surigao City, our new home. So much happening already here but a couple things... Traveled to a village "Dulag" in the mountains of Butuan, Philippines. And was able to bless them with 2 water filtration units for the schools and community, the water they drink is not drinkable. Please pray for the water and doors to continue to open for evangelism. 1130pm here on Tue, Aaron, Jacoby, and I sat outside our house and played worship with 20 teens tonight, Amazing opportunities and privileged to serve these people. "Salamat" - Thank you.